Safety and Quality
Philosophy and Policy
Sharp Airlines prides itself on its commitment to safety: it is the single most important feature of our operations, the measure by which we judge success.
So important is safety that we insist that it become the responsibility of every Sharp Airlines team member. Whether in the air or on the ground, our aim is to prevent injury or damage to people and property.
To achieve this goal, Sharp Airlines applies the following Safety Policy:
- Safety is fundamental to the successful performance of all tasks;
- Safety is a management function given priority at all times;
- Direct responsibility for the safety of an operation rests with the supervisor of that operation;
- Individual employees are directly responsible for the performance of their duties of which primary concern is for their own safety and for that of their fellow employees, for their clients, and for the property entrusted to their care; and
- Management at all levels will provide immediate corrective action to eliminate unsafe acts, conditions, equipment or mechanical hazards.
The underlying thrust of our Safety Policy is therefore directed at personal responsibility and accountability.
Aviation Safety Program
Sharp Airlines provides a safe and healthy working environment for its staff and applies the highest possible safety standards to all customers by eliminating recognised hazards. To achieve these goals, Sharp Airlines has developed and maintains an Aviation Safety Program. All staff support the Aviation Safety Program and take an active role in the identification, reduction and elimination of hazards. The Aviation Safety Program includes all aspects of Sharp Airlines' operations: flight operations, ground operations, maintenance operations and administrative support.
If you require further information or would like to discuss our safety program please contact:
Safety and Quality Assurance
Sharp Airlines is subject to a number of internal, external and quality control audit procedures. We conduct our own daily, monthly and six-monthly internal audits. We are assessed annually by CASA. As a provider of services to Alcoa Australia, we are further audited on a yearly basis by Melbourne-based Hart Aviation Services Pty. Ltd. (www.hartaviation.com.au/)
At Sharp Airlines we consistently review our operations to achieve best industry practices. Many years of operational practice have allowed us to develop an extensive operations and procedures manual. If you would like any further information in regard to Sharp Airlines' quality control please contact Chief Pilot Malcolm Sharp: email@example.com